HDPE (High-Density Polyethylene)
High-density polyethylene (HDPE) is the most widely used geomembrane in the world, and is the preferred product for lining projects.
Advantages of HDPE
- It is the most chemically resistant member of the polyethylene family due to its dense configuration.
- HDPE is field welded with hot wedge welders and extrusion welders. These factory quality welds are virtually stronger than the sheet itself.
- It has the best QC-QA testing capabilities in the market place.
- HDPE is Cost Effective! “You don’t have to cover the liner because it is UV stable.”
- Must be field installed by certified technicians.
- Installations are temperature and poor weather sensitive.
- ”40mil” requires extra effort to ensure that the sub grade is in excellent condition.
Simple Laymans Terms
- “60mil” is the staple of the industry. It is the go to standard poly specked on 80% of all liners. This thickness is suitable for most applications.
- “80mil” is a thicker design for more aggressive sub-grades. “ The Cadillac” of poly.
- “40mil” is a slightly thinner design for customers who do not need the thickness that 60mil offers. It is also suitable as an upgrade from products like the 20mil RPE for larger installations. “40mil” is also an excellent secondary containment liner on multi layer systems.
Example: Subgrade - Geotextile - 40mil - Dranage Net - 60mil - Geotextile - Fill
HDPE is less flexible than LLDPE but gives a higher specific strength. It can also withstand higher temperatures and has exceptional chemical and ultraviolet resistance properties, which makes it an extremely cost-effective product. Titan HDPE products are resistant to many different solvents and have a wide variety of applications including:
Irrigation Ponds, Canals, Reservoirs, & Ditches
Animal Waste Containment
HDPE is a very technical product to work with and requires specialized welding equipment and certified welding technicians to be installed properly. Titan's HDPE geomembranes are available in smooth, textured, single, and double sided. These liners are available in roll stock and come in varying thicknesses ranging from 20 to 120mil depending on your requirements. Please click one of our products below to view a PDF Spec sheet.