RPE (Reinforced Polyethylene)
RPE (Reinforced Polyethylene) products are extremely durable whether you are lining a temporary retaining pond, or constructing a soil remediation pad. RPE is UV resistant, remains flexible in extremely low temperatures, and has very good chemical resistance. Titan's RPE's are an HDPE/LDPE fabric designed for economical, safe containment of contaminated soils, liquids or sludge. It looks and feels like a "Super thick tarp of industrial quality material." RPE is also an excellent choice for constructing the temporary containment cell we use for our Geotubes.
Advantages of RPE
- It is incredibly strong.
- The material is easy to handle and can be folded to fit the contours of many applications.
- RPE can be prefabricated into extremely large panels, which could possibly line an entire project.
- Small repairs can be simply handled by the contractor if the installers are not on site.
- The material can be quickly installed in emergency applications.
- RPE is a very technical product to work with and requires specialized welding equipment and certified welding technicians to be installed properly.
- The material is very sensitive to thermal welds, so we only recommend a couple of in the field seams during the installation. Usually we would design the job around 1 or 2 panels with 1 center weld. For larger jobs we would refer the product spec to 40mil HDPE or LLDPE.
RPE is an oil resistant geomembrane that is the perfect choice for storage or remediation/treatment of contaminated materials, fuels, chemicals, and water. Titan's RPE products are used in a variety of applications including:
Animal Waste Containment
Titan's RPE geomembranes are available in panels and come in varying thicknesses ranging from 12 to 36mil depending on your requirements. Please click one of our products below to view a PDF Spec sheet.